SPORT AND DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
- For over 10 years we have been working with national and international athletes including runners, iron men, cyclists, martial arts and more
- We work with you to determine your goals from the massage….whether it is to loosen out tight or stiff areas, improve flexibility, assist recovery or for pre-race etc.
- As the massage is given by Physical Therapists we can keep an eye out for areas of potential injury and advise you on preventative measures to take.
- 45 min appointments
SPORT MASSAGE FAQ
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET A SPORTS ?
When is the best time in my training schedule to book a massage?
This may not always tie in with your schedule but if you regularly have Sports Massages it shouldn’t matter too much. If you have never had a Sports Massage or get them very irregularly then the day before a race or big training session is not the best day to get a massage. You may feel tired from it even if the pressure is kept to a ‘flush out’ level and we don’t want to be responsible for a poor racing or match performance!
If you have a sporting event coming up and you have not had a Sports Massage before then schedule the massage at least 4 days before the event to allow recovery should you need it.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
For a lower body Sports Massage please wear shorts. We have plenty of spare sets of shorts in the clinic we can loan you if you forget or don’t have a pair. For an upper body Sports Massage you will be asked to remove shirts/tops. If you are uncomfortable removing your tops, you are welcome to wear a vest with narrow straps which exposes the top of the shoulder and mid back.
Towels are used to cover areas of the body not being worked on at the time.
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
- This massage is for aches and pains you want loosened out such back or neck pain using firm pressure. It is not a relaxation or spa-like massage.
- If you are suffering from acute pain we will perform a short assessment to understand the cause of the pain and to ensure that we do no harm when performing the massage
- We recognise not everyone wants to follow an exercise programme, but as we are Physical Therapists we can provide exercises or postural advice that can help with longer term pain relief if you wish.
- 45 minute appointments
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE FAQ
HOW WILL I FEEL AFTER A MASSAGE?
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
For a lower body Massage please wear shorts. We have plenty of clean spare sets of shorts in the clinic we can loan you if you forget or don’t have a pair. For an upper body massage you will be asked to remove shirts/tops. If you are uncomfortable removing your tops you are welcome to wear a vest with narrow straps which exposes the top of the shoulder and mid back.
Clean towels (washed after every client) are used to cover areas of the body not being worked on at the time.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET A DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE?
If you are coming in for the first time with a complaint such as a stiff neck you may find that 1-2 appointments are enough to return you to “normal”. If you feel it stiffen up again then you could book another Deep Tissue Massage appointment.